Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Paul's Parley

This week our 2nd grade boys' coach for the 11:00 service will share in our Testimony Tuesday segment.  Please note that all names have been changed to protect the privacy of the children in our church.


In the fall of 2011 I became aware through weekly announcements at church that there was
a need for volunteers in Bible Trek. I felt a calling to serve but was apprehensive because
my experience in other churches had been working with Jr./Sr. High Teens. But despite my
apprehension, I decided to help where there was a need and began working in Bible Trek that
September. Throughout the year I still had doubts that was the best place for me but I enjoyed
my coworkers and the interaction with the children. God must have a reason for leading me to
this ministry. Then in May 2012 I was at a soccer tournament coaching and I felt a tug on my
pants. I looked down to see Jason* standing there. He seemed as surprised as I was
to meet there. He said , “Hi Coach Paul! I know you from Bible Trek! “ It was that day that I
felt God affirmed my place in serving in children’s ministry. I realized if I can coach sports at
any age level, God can certainly use me teaching and guiding the primary age children at church
too. Just that short conversation with Jason was enough to change my attitude and approach
at Bible Trek. I enjoy each of the boys in my small group and love spending Sunday mornings
sharing about God’s love for them.

*Name has been changed

No comments:

Post a Comment